What Are The Best Days Of The Week To Move?
One of the biggest questions people have to answer when they make the decision to move is, “When should I move?” In some instances you may not have a choice, however, most of the time it’s up to you to choose what day you want a moving company to load up your belongings to make the move.
The question then becomes, “What is the best day of the week to move?” Let’s face it moving has become a dreaded, stressful undertaking and people want to save as much money as they can when moving. So, what time IS the best time to move – during the week or the weekend?
Simply put, the answer to this question is that it is less expensive to move on a weekday. Rates tend to be better during the week because moving companies aren’t as busy as they are on the weekends. If you can afford to miss time off work for a mid-week move it’s an easy way to reduce your costs.
Here are some of the pros and cons of hiring a moving company during the week:
Pros for moving during the week:
- Lower hourly rates/minimums for the moving company.
- Flexibility – not having to compete for a weekend move date.
- Time! A weekday move allows you more time to get unpacked and organized before returning to work.
Cons of moving during the week:
- Loss of work and/or school time.
- Limited time from friends and family members to help you with the move.
- Having to go into work the day after the move, therefore unable to unpack and settle into your new home.
When it comes to deciding if cheaper is better, be sure to consider the options. Not all of us have the opportunity to move at the most ideal time. The best time for you will depend on location, weather, budget, family members, and flexibility with work. Once you have this figured out, you’re on your way to a successful move.
Here are some things to remember when booking your weekday move:
- Let us know if you have stairs or elevators at either location.
- Find out if there are any parking restrictions for the moving trucks.
- Be prepared with all the necessary packing supplies.
- Organize ahead of time. The more organized you are, the smoother and faster your move will be.
- Don’t sleep in on move day! Mornings are the best time to get moving and you’ll be left with more time to unpack and organize your new home.